And remain anonymous in the list
There you go … it does seem to work !
The email address is kept as a placeholder for an account and can be claimed later. I think that it may be necessary to claim the account in order to unsubscribe from notification messages to the list but those notifications should, in the first instance:
A special placeholder account which is created automatically by the system for email integration
- No email digests are ever sent
- Automatically watches all messages it participates in and receives notifications of replies
- May reply via email to notifications
- Username and Name are automatically picked
- Account may still register with the same email and “take over” the staged account.
- Forgot password will do nothing …when you attempt to send a password reset to a staged account